The Value of NCIDQ Certification:
NCIDQ Certification is the industry’s recognized indicator of proficiency in Interior Design principles and a Designer’s commitment to the profession.
The NCIDQ Examination is the broad-based exam for all Interior Designers and serves as the foundation from which to build for those moving into specialty design areas. NCIDQ Certification is required for the practice of many types of Interior Design in regulated jurisdictions throughout North America. Certification enables Designers to easily validate their knowledge, experience and skill to employers and clients alike. Designers certified through the NCIDQ Examination gain wide industry visibility and recognition. They are members of a select but growing community—more than 30,000 strong.
The NCIDQ Exams cover seven distinct areas that capture the core competencies of interior design:
Building Systems / Codes / Construction Standards / Contract Administration
Design Application / Professional Practice / Project Coordination
Dates & Deadlines:
Fall 2017 Exam Calendar
- Application review begins May 15, 2017
- Application review ends July 15, 2017
Register & schedule:
- Registration & scheduling begins for all exams July 1, 2017
- Registration ends for all exams September 30, 2017
- Scheduling ends for all exams October 31, 2017
- CIDQ strongly recommends scheduling early to ensure seat availability and choice of dates. Registered (purchased) exams must be taken in the current (fall-october) administration and cannot be rolled over to a different administration.
Sit for exam:
- Examinations administered October 1-31, 2017
For more information or with questions, please contact:
Associate Member Director